21 Apr 2020
COVID-19 Response Webinar Series: Job Retention Scheme
Due to popular demand, we are running our Job Retention Scheme webinar again, delivered in partnership with A&L Goodbody.
The UK Government launches its Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme on Monday 20 April. Under this scheme, UK employers are encouraged to access Government support to continue paying part of their employees’ salary for those employees that would otherwise have been laid off during this crisis.
Employment law specialists A&L Goodbody will deliver a 90-min live webinar, providing details of the scheme, eligibility criteria, how businesses could ‘furlough’ workers, key concerns for employers, alternative options and other sources of support. They will also provide an overview of the Self-employment Income Support Scheme and other tax deferral measures and will be available to take your questions.
- Job Retention Scheme overview - who is eligible and who is not
- Key business concerns and considerations when looking at the JRS
- Furloughing workers and what you need to do as an employer
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme and tax deferral measures
- Alternative options and the support available
- Further information, useful sources, online resources
- Rodney McMullan, Invest Northern Ireland
- Gareth Walls, Partner, A&L Goodbody
- Jonathan Simpson, Associate, A&L Goodbody