Creating Video Content
Videos can be an easy to digest and engaging way of interacting with visitors and potential visitors.
Why use video?
Video is versatile so it makes it easy to share across multiple platforms expanding your potential audience.
On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or CABLE TV network.
YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine and third most visited site after Google and Facebook.
Michelle Connolly from Profile Tree shares some top tips that will help you get started.
Planning for video - where to start
By taking the time to plan your video thoroughly before you start production, you can ensure that the quality of your actual content is just as good as the quality of your footage.
Key areas to consider when planning:
- Why are you making the video?
- What do you want to promote?
- What do you want to sell?
- What do you want people to know about?
- What story do you want to tell?
- What shots do you need to tell your story?
- Plan this out.
- Who is your target audience?
- Where can you find them online?
- What social networks are they using?
Call to Action
- What do you want people to do after watching your video?
- What are the key points you want to get across?
- 3-5 points is a good start.
- Think about what you want to say.
- Think about how long you want the video to be.
- Where will you publish the video?
- Who will see it there?
- Research what works well on the different platforms.
What type of video is going to work best for your message?
- Face to camera
- Tips and advice / how to
- Customer testimonials
- Your experience / product
- User generated content
When creating your video there are some things you might want to consider such as light, background, audio, positioning and different angles check out our top tips of mobile video production for guidance.
There are a various apps you can use to put your video together such as iMovie or for the purposes of this we used Filmora Go - check out some top tips to put your video together using our video editing top tools guide.
For more information check out the TED Programme Workshop Video Production - Powerpoint Presentation from Michelle Connolly, ProfileTree.
As part of our Tourism Enterprise Development (TED) Programme webinar series, Michelle Connolly, Profile Tree hosted this session about creating and editing videos.