12 Jun 2020
Tourism Northern Ireland Recovery Marketing Campaign 2020
In response to the Covid 19 crisis, Tourism Northern Ireland will be launching a Recovery Marketing Campaign to support industry, with a focus on key visitor segments in the domestic market in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. This will go live from 30th June* 2020 for 16 weeks, providing maximum exposure for our industry.
The recovery campaign provides an opportunity in both our Domestic Market (NI) and Republic of Ireland (ROI) markets to promote the message to consumers to staycation in Northern Ireland, supporting and revitalising our local industry. Enabling industry such as Accommodation Providers, Visitor Attractions, Experience Providers and those in the wider hospitality sector, to work collaboratively with us and to help amplify our campaign through their own activity, promoting Northern Ireland, Embrace a Giant Spirit to the full extent.
The recovery campaign will lead with Digital & PR activity first, targeting those who are actively seeking short breaks and offers. Following this initial burst of activity, the campaign will include the full above the line compliment of media channels; running across radio, press, outdoor and will introduce TV from September.
Timelines* as follows:
- 30th June to Mid-August, tactical reintroduction to market– digital, social, PR and classified press.
- Mid-August/early September, increase in activity across additional media channels
* Dates may be subject to change and will be dependent on Northern Ireland’s continued recovery.
The campaign will continue to build on the introduction to market of our experience brand- Northern Ireland Embrace a Giant Spirit. This will be an integrated brand campaign, along with a tactical element, comprised of: Destination promotion, Experiences and Accommodation offers, along with co-ordinated activity from our industry partners.
The target audience segments for this campaign will be:
- NI: Aspiring Families and Social Instagrammers
- ROI – Open to Ideas and Active Maximisers
We encourage industry to partake in the co-operative marketing campaign and carry out their own marketing in NI and ROI, aligning with Tourism Northern Ireland’s marketing activity.
Co-operative Marketing Fund
In conjunction with the recovery campaign, industry are encouraged to get involved by taking part in the Co-Operative Marketing fund via the Northern Ireland Hotel Federation (NIHF).
Tourism Northern Ireland have increased the level of funding available to 75% and have extended this to include activity in both NI and ROI markets, ensuring that activity is fully optimised.
There are 2 ways to get involved with the Co-operative marketing opportunity, as follows:
- Industry from the accommodation, visitor attractions and experience sectors within NI can provide Tourism Northern Ireland with their offers or added-value promotion. These products and experiences should be pre-bookable throughout July, and available from 20th July, subject to current government guidelines on how and when businesses can safely open. The information provided (where appropriate) will be added to our consumer website: www.discovernorthernireland.com
All campaign activity will use this website as the call to action.
Offers can either be submitted via the Northern Ireland Hotels Federation, or through the usual channels such as the owner’s log in, or via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-operative Marketing fund; supporting applicants will conduct their own marketing activity in Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland markets. The co-operative fund is eligible for graded Accommodation Providers in Northern Ireland, (Including 3 star and above graded hotels, guest houses and self-catering) Visitor attractions and Experiences. Funding will be up to 75% of your own marketing spend, with a minimum spend of £500 and a maximum spend of £5000 across the full 16-week campaign. For full terms & Conditions, please contact Northern Ireland Hotels Federation. For more information, click here.
The second tranche of the Tourism Northern Ireland campaign will be based on weekly regional rotations. This will allow industry to align their own marketing activities, further maximising the impact of the Recovery campaign. Beginning early September, as follows:
|w/c 7th Sept||Week one – Causeway Coastal Route|
|w/c 14th Sept||Week two – Fermanagh and Tyrone|
|w/c 21st Sept||Week three – Mournes and Strangford|
|w/c 28th Sept||Week four - Armagh and Down|
|w/c 5th Oct||Week five – Derry|
|w/c 12th Oct||Week six – Belfast|
Tourism Northern Ireland have recently conducted a Northern Ireland Domestic Tourism Strategy 2020 review and will be issuing further details in coming weeks.
*dependant on Government guidelines.